Thursday, May 19, 2011

New Arrival: Converse Scoreboard

I just got this watch for $25 plus shipping on eBay without competing bidders. I've seen this watch a lot on eBay for near or at $75 sticker price.
This is a bit unusual watch. I think Converse makes only a few watches. I hadn't seen this watch in person before buying it. It came in a weird cardboard box that left lots of dust on the watch. A wash in the sink took care of that. It only has three buttons and is awkward to set and the stopwatch is awkward to operate. The time is displayed in a stack on hours, minutes, seconds. You have to scroll to get the date. The display is somewhat dark, and it doesn't have any of my silver on it. The band is unusual as well: thick and pliable, and with an unusual, rubber clasp. I don't think I own or have seen a clasp that isn't metal, although the prongs are. It's very wide and sticks up in the drawer. I took a couple pictures. An okay watch, a 7.5 our of 10.
Converse Scoreboard below:

No comments:

Post a Comment