Sunday, April 3, 2011

New Arrival: Nixon Housing

I was a little disappointed with this watch. I've worn it for a couple days, on a couple runs, and it's not a bad watch. It's nively appointed and I like the buttons that are flush with the sides. But I had high hopes for this one. It's heavy, but a little smaller than I had hoped. It feels a little awkward on the wrist, like the connection between the watch and the band is imperfect. The red graph thing on the screen is a little strange, and the time is a little hard to read. The clear button for the stopwatch didn't work very well. Also, my first impression was that the big "NIXON" writing on the top and bottom are very obvious and the one above the top looks like "NOXIN," which is more than a little off-putting. Weird name in general, of course bringing to mind Tricky Dick. I have high hopes for the expensive but seemingly cool and edgy Nixon stuff. Cool box, though, with a weird Nerf feeling thing inside a cardboard cover.
On a slightly related note, I stumbled across a Nixon store in Berkeley on the 4th Street shopping strip. It had only a few digital watches, the Newton and the Outsider Tide. I liked the Outsider Tide as it's really big. Only a weird navy blue color, though. And retail price, which I'm not having. The rest of the stuff was mostly women-oriented, including scarves and gloves, which was weird for a warm summer day.
The Housing gets a 7.5 from me out of 10.
Nixon Housing below:


No comments:

Post a Comment