Friday, June 18, 2010

Buying: eBay

Most of my acquisitions are made via eBay. I currently have 50 saved searches for digital watches. I will go into more detail later, I assume. I often find myself making lowball "make an offer" offers, almost always rejected. I will sometimes make offers on multiple watches from the same seller, trying to make a deal. That doesn't usually work either.

Once, with my fancy Freestyle Nomad, the auction ended at 3:30 in the morning or something. I got that one for cheap, I assume because no one else was up then. Just yesterday, I got an email for a Highgear watch that had no bids and must have been a short auction or somehow slipped past people's radar. I also got it for cheap.

Occassionally, this strategy will blow up in my face, as a watch isn't what I thought I was getting. Perfect example is the Nixon Primer, my only Nixon watch. It looked cool in pictures, and I got a pretty good eBay deal on a used one. Problem was, I got it and it's tiny, a borderline women's watch. I won't wear it and will sell it eventually. I now ask for face sizes so I know how big it is.

No comments:

Post a Comment