Monday, February 28, 2011

New Arrival and Departure: Origo Ranger Peak

I got his for $16.00 on eBay and it showed up in the mail today. The watch stinks. Literally, the watch smells like women's lotion or perfume or something. I've tried to clean it up with everything, but the thing is very strong. I'm guessing it wasn't worn by a woman, as it's clearly a large, man's watch. Maybe a store? Anyway, it smells to the high heavens and I'm getting rid of it. Didn't get to see it in action, but nice and big, but kinda boring design. The bezel thing spins around (N-S-E-W), not sure why. I think there's a compass in it. I would never use that. Again, very thick watch like another of my Origo watches. I give it a 6.5 if it smelled okay. I guess this is a risk of eBaying used watches.

Origo Ranger Peak watch below:

1 comment:

  1. I used to have one of these and really liked it - it kept me going until I was able to get a Suunto vector.

    It is big but it's solid and well-made, and the display couldn't be clearer!

    ReplyDelete